The digital landscape has changed dramatically over the last decade. People are stepping away from traditional laptops and desktop computers to interact with content and search the web. They are now turning to their mobile phones and tablets. Due to digital technology being cheaper today than it has ever been, the sky’s the limit on when and where people can interact with content. However, your content will only succeed if it delivers what consumers want, when and how they want it.
Luckily for you, it is easy to keep up with the ever-changing landscape if you invest in cutting-edge forms of content, such as video-marketing. In today’s fast-paced world, video marketing is one of the few forms of online material that provides the relevance, value and flexibility that consumers need with an on-the-go lifestyle.
Here are a few statistics to show you exactly how popular video marketing has become in recent years, according to Hubspot:
• Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
• Embedding video in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
• Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-throb rates by 200 – 300%
• According to Youtube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
• 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
• 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
• 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
• Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
• 1/3 of all the time that people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
• Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is
• equivalent of 1.8 million words.
• 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.